Hello from Tindomerel

Tindomerel

I just want to introduce myself. I live in the Bronx, a borough of New York City. I am a retired lady who has plenty of time on her hands and likes creative projects. I don't work at model railroads but I do need to do some scenery work for future projects such as a dinosaur diorama and a Nativity scene. I am completely new at this so please assume nothing. Can anyone recommend any good books to get some basic training?

I appreciate any advice you can give. Be well, everyone and best of luck with all your projects.

Tindomerel
t_indo_merel@hotmail.com :)

Woodlands Scenics is a manufacturer of products used in modelling scenery and has a nice little book that gives lots of tips on how to use the stuff. That may be all you need.

Google them for info.

Also, Youtube has lots of tutorials. If you are like me, you may prefer to read and look at your own pace, and sift through the information at leisure, though.

You may find some usefull stuff by going to the forum and looking at the "scenery" threads.

hope this helps!!!!!! lasm

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you onboard!

I am not a creative person, I like the mechanical and electronic aspect of trains so I can't be of any help to you.

Just wanted to say hello!

Post some pictures of your work when you can. I love nativity scenes and my grandsons love dinosaurs.

Tindomerel,

If you're just looking for a book, a really good reference is, and I hope that I'm remembering this correctly, "Basic Model Railroad Scenery", by Bob Frary. Published by Kalmbach. I would go to Amazon and do a search on that Title, or Author's name.

Dave Frary is a very good scenery modeler. I love his techniques and he has a very good eye for where things go. He has some videos on YouTube. One is a seaport that is simply amazing. He has quite a few videos for Scenic Express also. So use those in your searches.

Woodland Scenics also has a few hour long videos on YouTube that will really give you a good idea what products do what. Books are great. But I prefer the videos as I can see it all come together right before my eyes. I download the videos on YouTube and watch them before bed on my TV.

If you buy any books go through the bookstore here because it supports the forum.

Welcome aboard, and please show us some of your work when you get going. I just love the scenery part of this hobby.

Back