Hello from the PNW

pldlnr

Hello, everyone.

I am checking in from Seattle. I grew up with a modest N gauge set that I received when I was about 4 years old from a co-worker of my fathers'. I added to it as I got older and have always enjoyed the hobby.

A few months ago, my wife's grandfather passed away and left behind an immense HO scale collection. My wife's grandmother is left in a difficult financail position and has asked me to assist her in selling some of the train collection. I have joined the forum for support and wisdom.

I realize that joining a community to hock your wares is frowned upon in most situations. I have considered this and have decided that i would rather turn to an enthusiast community than to attmept to deal with this situation on my own and selling on ebay.

I plan on starting another thread discussing the collection. I wanted to introduce myself here and say hello. Thanks,

Paul

Welcome to the Forums, Paul. To bad it's under less than desirable conditions but rest assured you are not the only person who has done this and I don't believe there are any here who would look down upon you for doing so. I know that I don't.

Thanks for the welcome. I am a member of the vintage BMW enthusiast community and frequent a couple of forums. I have often observed a disdain for those who show up just to sell their cars or parts.

I appreciate the knowledge here and have begun reading and researching. The task I have ahead of me is somewhat daunting. The collection includes a couple hundred engines of various types. Many of them are vintage brass steam locomotives in the original boxes. There are probably a thousand train cars.

Anyway, thanks again for the welcome.

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome. Post what you have up here and I am sure people will be more than happy to help you out with info on the pieces.

Back