Hello from The Netherlands

MärCo_1212

New to this forum, so first a proper introduction. My name is Marco (you might have guessed), living in Zeist and working as a busdriver. Zeist is nearby Utrecht, an important railway hub and home to our National Railway Museum. Both the station and the museum I like to visit to spot trains. Currently I starting up with N-scale, and I have not got a permanent layout (yet...).

I am planning a quite neutral layout, in which every train might find it's home. I like many trains, so I do not want to model a landscape to a specific country. The trains are not mixed, for instance, a Swiss locomotive has a Swiss train.

Welcome, Marco!

If you get a chance to explore the forum, the Running Bear's coffee shop is our talk about everything thread. Come on over in between your bus routes and share a cup and tell us about yourself outside of trains and model railroading... Willie shared garden pics. Smudge tells us about the coach (bus to the rest of the world) he drives. Etc.

If the current thread one seems long, don't worry. We will start a new Coffee Shop thread each month.

Welcome Marco, great to see a fellow Bus driver on the forum, your avatar is from your company, so you work for Qbuzz, correct. :)
I know your area reasonably well, I used to work near the German border near Venlo, many years ago for a Truck company.

Welcome aboard Märco. I see that you already found the Coffee Shop. Share some pictures from The Netherlands in that thread, most of us Americans haven't seen it before. As Troy posted, we'll start a new Coffee Shop in May, we wear out the old ones rather quickly.

Hi Marco, welcome to the forum.
I have been to Utrecht several times for the company that I worked for to set up exhibitions at Jaarbeurs.
Unfortunately I did not find time to visit the railway museum which I regret ( Same thing happened at the French muesum at Mulhouse !).
Rode on some trains but not on any busses !
I also collect Swiss models in H0 scale as well as North American so hope to see some of your collection in photos as your layout progresses.

Welcome!

I also model N scale. Working on a “micro” layout currently. Like yourself, I’m in the transportation industry but I drive trucks delivering perishable food products.

Looking forward to reading more about your layout!

Back