Hello from Pennsylvania

raybiker73

Hi all, my name is Ray and I do N-scale. I had a fairly large room-sized layout in N scale until I tore it down around 2007 and got out of the hobby. I'm just now jumping back in (luckily I kept my stuff in storage rather than selling it) and looking forward to learning from everyone here. Thanks!

Kitbashed steam pic from my old layout circa 2005...

Attachments

• 0729-02.jpeg
    0729-02.jpeg
    460.4 KB · Views: 234
Welcome aboard Ray. Glad to see that you are getting back into the hobby. Nice photo. I was in N scale years ago, but iaround 1979 tore everything out, over 11 scale miles of main line mainly because of the poor quality of the locomotives available back then. Today's N scale equipment is so much better. I moved on to HO scale. Come visit the group at the Coffee Shop where we talk about most anything but politics.

Welcome to the group Ray. I too was in N scale, but hav since made the switch to Ho. Chet is right, the N Scale locomotives are so much better than ever. Please share your progress with us.

Welcome to the forum Ray. That looks like a brick company. Something not modeled very often and I think it's really cool! Your modeling skills seem to be top notch! Nice layout.
Good that you kept your old stuff. I'm sure you noticed the difference in prices since then.
We're not a huge forum, but I think you'll like it here.
Again welcome aboard!

Welcome to the forum Ray. That looks like a brick company. Something not modeled very often and I think it's really cool! Your modeling skills seem to be top notch! Nice layout.
Good that you kept your old stuff. I'm sure you noticed the difference in prices since then.
We're not a huge forum, but I think you'll like it here.
Again welcome aboard!

Hi Jim,

Thanks!

Yes, it's a kinda-sorta approximation of the Upper Kittanning Brick Works, which was here in the township where I live until it closed around 1940. Not many pictures of it, so I had to kind of wing it. For the brick ovens, I couldn't seem to get them shaped right, so I stuck a couple cans of soda in the freezer and froze them until they expanded and broke, then used the bottom half of the expanded can as a plaster mold. :)

Back