Hello from Ohio

Odyknuck

Greetings folks, I am 61 years old and due to lack of work now basically retired! Not my first thought however it is what it is. After a long time away from the trains I have decided it's time to build a new layout. It will be in HO based on the Chesapeake and Ohio in the 50s during the transition era. This will be my third and final layout:rolleyes:!

Welcome to the forum. Welcome.gif There are a lot of members here interested in the B&O and C&O. I am also on my last layout. Too far into it and too old to tear what I have and start over again. Don't be a stranger here. Stop by the Coffee Shop some time and have a cup.

Welcome aboard Odyknuck. Friendliest forum on the Internet. Things are a little slow right now as folks start their vacations and catch up on outdoor chores, but there are more than enough regulars to pick up the slack.
Obviously tell us a little more as you progress. Be sure to visit the "Running Bear's Coffee Shop" and get acquainted with some of the regulars there. We're an odd but enjoyable bunch. There is a member that visits there named Justin, (chessie_system3) who somewhat models the C&O, although in a more modern time frame.
Again, welcome and enjoy your stay.

Willie
[h=3][/h]

Welcome, welcome.

I went to collage in Cleveland, Ohio - Case Institute of Technology.

You have found a great place to get all sorts of help AND, if you are so inclined, to participate in some interesting and fun "off topic" discussions.

Enjoy!

Frederick

Welcome to the forum. This is one of the best resources on the internet.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have an area in the basement that is 41' by 12 1/2' to house the new layout. There is an 8' by 12' room in the corner that will b e the work room and staging. Still in the planning stages however I do have some bench work built that was left over from the previous layout that did not get very far due to life! lol.

20160512_100551_001_zpsa5lfxr5h.jpg

20160513_075725_001_zpshuz1hlfn.jpg

20160512_100532_001_zpseodhol92.jpg

20160512_100412_zpsuz1hx5wq.jpg

Curious why some of my posts are getting moderator flagged?

Welcome aboard Odynuck, The moderators are not flagging your posts. not to worry the problem is temporary, the moderators will approve them for you. The problem will go away on its own shortly, as the software gets to like you :D
Looks like you're going to have quite a layout, nice work
Willis

Hmmm! And here I thought software only did what it was told lol.Thanks, Its been 10 years since I have done anything with this hobby. Now that I am out of work and close to retirement, it's time. This is a ruff sketch of what I am looking to do:

20160522_095206_zpsepoocqen.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm! And here I thought software only did what it was told lol.Thanks, Its been 10 years since I have done anything with this hobby. Now that I am out of work and close to retirement, it's time. This is a ruff sketch of what I am looking to do:

The software does do exactly that :D One thing you'll notice about this forum is the lack of spam, name calling and such. However some objectionable posts do get through. Should you see one that's out of line, you'll find at the bottom left of the post in the shaded area you'll see a little triangle that allows you to report such a post. In all honesty the members run this forum, the admin are the adjudicators.
Sketch looks similar to what I was going to do, but at my age and flexibility I'm re thinking it now

Willis

Last edited by a moderator:
I have decided it's time to build a new layout. It will be in HO based on the Chesapeake and Ohio in the 50s during the transition era.
I think the C&O is an under appreciated railroad in the model railroad community. I am glad for your choice.

The older I get the more I find the medium sized class 1's and smaller railroads more interesting. They had to deal with challenges in the form of geography, existing in a financially depressed area, etc.I come from the land of the first mega railroad. The PRR controlled everything in the north east. The PRR had a larger budget than the Federal government for most of its existence. During the timeframe I model the PRR was actually 9 separate large corporations to run all there assets at 100%. I ended up freelancing to have a railroad with an interesting story. I use the history and connections of Reading, B&O and WM to build my railroads history.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Back