Hello from Nevada

AndyD

I found this site while I was Googling ideas for 4x8 track plans. I'm planning on building an HO scale layout loosely based on the NYC in the early to mid 50's. As a child my father and I (mostly my Dad) built a 12 x4 layout while I did my very best to get in the way and say "is it done yet" or "can't I run the trains now". Now I'm hoping the same thing will happen to me with my kids. :) Enjoy.

Hey AndyD!

You found a great site. Any question you might have don't hesitate to ask, someone on here can help you.

That's a great story about you and your Dad! I hope your kids can tell a similar story when they get older.

Louis

AndyD,

Great to have you here! Always neet to include the small ones on the projects.

By the way, how much stuff did you and your dad get done on that old layout? Are you planning on going about any part of it differently as a result of that
experience?

logandsawman

My Dad and I had a two line 12x4 foot RR up and running. The track work was done and it ran great. We never did complete the scenery. I've decided to do a slightly smaller layout to make it easier to "finish". I'm also designing it as a modular so I can add on to it.

G'day from OZ, Loved your intro.....almost like "Are we there yet"...I once read an article about a modeller in Utah I think it was who had this massive basement layout and was asked if it was finished...His answer was..."It's never finished , the joy is in the journey"...How true is that ? There's always something to improve on , upgrade, add to.
This forum will doubtless help you greatly on that journey as it has me...Cheers from Tasmania, Australia... Rod....

Back