Hello from Colorful Colorado

BobB

My name is Bob and I reside in Westminster, Colorado. Recently retired, 2 years ago, I now have the time and the space to get back into HO scale model railroading. Thanks for welcoming me into the fold.

Thank you elsner203 and ianacole. Ian, nice to hook up with other Coloradoans. There's a train show, Rails in the Rockies, in Estes this weekend. You going up?

Michael, we're not that far away. I live at 74th and Alcott. I retired from Ball Corp, so I know your area pretty well. I worked at Ball Aerospace in Boulder, but our Network Communications Center was at the 108th location, next to the golf course.

Iron Horseman, believe me, I really enjoy all the model and prototype railroading in and around Denver and Colorado in general. Used to live at Mizell's before it closed. Guess Warren wanted to spend more time with his car collection. I see him every now and then at some of the local car shows. My other hobby is my 1967 Ford Fairlane GT. Between that car and model railroading they won't have to worry about me takin it with me when I die. LOL

Wow, a 5th Gen '67 FF GT with a 390 pushing 335 horses would be a nice "other hobby."

The 5th gen Fairlane was my favorite. I love those stacked headlights and taillights. Way better than the 6th gen and more aggressive than the boxy 4th gen

What color?

Ya I miss going to Mizell Trains it was a good Shop everyone was always friendly and willing to help me. At least we still got Caboose, I go there at least once a week.

Wow, a 5th Gen '67 FF GT with a 390 pushing 335 horses would be a nice "other hobby."

The 5th gen Fairlane was my favorite. I love those stacked headlights and taillights. Way better than the 6th gen and more aggressive than the boxy 4th gen

What color?

Have to agree with you there Elsner, 67 was one of my favorite years. She is lipstick red, an original Ford color with the white GT stripes running down the sides. The stock 390 FE just completed a rebuild from the bottom up by Don Seyfer in Lakewood and she's now putting 365 hp on the pavement. WOO HOO!

Ya I miss going to Mizell Trains it was a good Shop everyone was always friendly and willing to help me. At least we still got Caboose, I go there at least once a week.

I get to Caboose every once in a while. Just hate the parking situation down there. Mizell's was about 8 blks from my house and I got spoiled.

Lets see... Bob lives in Colorado, drives one of the baddest cars on the planet, and likes model railroading. Yep, welcome aboard! ;)

Ok.... Let's see the car!

Hey Kevin. Thanks for the kudos. I'll get some pics when we get some decent weather here. Tomorrow and Sunday's forecast sunny and high 50's. I'll wash her and get some pics.

Looking fotward to seeinv them. I had a 65 Comet. 2 door with the 289. I loved that car. And I love the Fairlane. One of my favs!

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk

Here's some pics of the Fairlane.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That is a beautiful car ya got there Bob. And an extremely rare one. There is a regular Fairlane very near my house that hasn't moved in 4 years. It looks to be in very good condition. But I am wondering why the guy leaves it sitting outside of a huge garage. I have wanted to stop and ask about it. But I would imagine the guy doesn't want to part with it.

Thanks, Kevin. I'm really enjoying the car. Go to the local car shows and network with other gear heads. Stop by sometime and ask about the car. Ya never know until you ask. They might be looking to get rid of it.

Back