Hello from Birmingham, Alabama

gseritt;

Drop me a line and we'll get together and get acquainted. You can check out what's growing in my basement by clicking the link in my sig.

BTW I live in Hoover.

I'd be honored! Your page is now bookmarked and I'll send you a message soon to sort out a time to meet up. Really looking forward to meeting you and thanks so much!! I'm between Chelsea and Inverness so not far at all from you.

You guys make sure to hit me up when you make plans. Make we can meet up for lunch one day. I'm all of 6-7 minutes from where CJ lives during normal work hours, so meeting up for lunch is easy for me, especially in the Hoover area.

You guys make sure to hit me up when you make plans. Make we can meet up for lunch one day. I'm all of 6-7 minutes from where CJ lives during normal work hours, so meeting up for lunch is easy for me, especially in the Hoover area.

Sounds like a plan to me! I'm pretty much tied up until the 1st of June but after that I should have some free time in the evenings and on weekends. Let's definitely plan on all meeting up soon after the 1st.

Looking forward to it!

Birmingham Area Guys...

I don't really know where else to post/ask this.. so I'm just going to do it here. And I want to ask you guys in my local area, so that I might have help pointing me in the right area (CJ.. you may be the best help on this, I don't know).

Anyway, I have a 5'x15' O-Scale layout that I want to sell to someone local for a very reasonable price. It will almost be like giving it away. Problem is... Other than advertising on Craigslist, I don't know how to find someone local who might be looking for or wanting that specific item. I could contact Oak Mountain Hobbies I guess, but is there another way? Do you guys know anyone who models O-Scale? If so contact me via PM and we can discuss privately, so as not to violate any restrictions here.

I'd just rather it go to a good home as opposed to sitting in my shed collecting dust. :)

Chuck,
Sorry man, I didn't see your message until today. Go ahead and advertize on Craigslist. That would be far easier, but I would also ask Dave at Oak mountain, if either, he knew of someone who was looking for a lionel type layout, or could you put something on his bulletin board.

31B,

Welcome to the best forum on the web. Ask any question, and we'll do our best to answer.

Now, as to clubs in or near McCalla, to my knowledge, there are only 2 HO clubs in the B'ham area. One is the club that I belong to, The Wrecking Crew, which is currently meeting at the McWane Science Center downtown, here's the link to the club; http://wreckingcrew.railfan.net/ . There are several contact addresses on there, or you can send me a message via the forum. Since I live just off 459 in Hoover, I'm not that far from you. Be sure to drop me a line!

The other club in town is called Smokey City Rails Model Railroad Club. Here is their website;http://smokeycityrails.com.

There are several informal "clubs" in the area, but the one that I belong to is called the Alabama Rail Gang! We meet infrequently, as the host has to feed us, and most of us are cheap B******s. But we do get together and work and play on each other's layouts as time permits.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back