Hello from 1986

Wow, what a nice welcome! Thanks, everyone.

I have some N scale stuff in a box in storage I'm going to dig out. I started collecting some stuff about 15 years ago (ebay finds, and such), but never ended up doing anything with it. Can't remember everything I got, so it'll be fun discovering what's there. :)

I played around with SCARM last night and mocked up the idea that's been rolling in my head for 10+ years, but thats probably something for a different topic thread.

Anyway, I'll try to post some pics of the treasures I find later. Thanks again for the warm welcome. Happy to be here!

Wow, what a nice welcome! Thanks, everyone.

I have some N scale stuff in a box in storage I'm going to dig out. I started collecting some stuff about 15 years ago (ebay finds, and such), but never ended up doing anything with it. Can't remember everything I got, so it'll be fun discovering what's there. :)

I played around with SCARM last night and mocked up the idea that's been rolling in my head for 10+ years, but thats probably something for a different topic thread.

Anyway, I'll try to post some pics of the treasures I find later. Thanks again for the warm welcome. Happy to be here!
There's also Anyrail, you might want to look at that as well

Well, it took some digging, but I found a few dusty old boxes buried deep in the storage shed. Turns out I had more than I remembered, however a lot of it is pretty worn and broken. I remember buying a few 'lots' on ebay that had a few things I wanted at the time. When you buy a 'lot' you have to take the bad with the good. All in all tho, not too bad of a haul to get started, I guess?

20230107_171551.jpg

There's also a box of "train decor" I still have yet to look through -- non-layout stuff like shelf statues and whatnot, I think. I'll post a pic of that too, later. :)

I'd love to hear what y'all think. Cheers!

Well, it took some digging, but I found a few dusty old boxes buried deep in the storage shed. Turns out I had more than I remembered, however a lot of it is pretty worn and broken. I remember buying a few 'lots' on ebay that had a few things I wanted at the time. When you buy a 'lot' you have to take the bad with the good. All in all tho, not too bad of a haul to get started, I guess?

View attachment 159396

There's also a box of "train decor" I still have yet to look through -- non-layout stuff like shelf statues and whatnot, I think. I'll post a pic of that too, later. :)

I'd love to hear what y'all think. Cheers!
Looks like a nice haul you have, even after you've gone through what's repairable/usable you'll still have quite a selection to run I think.

@flyboy2610 - haha, thanks! Actually, I might be willing to part with it, let me think on it.

@Smudge617 - I'm going with a 2' x 3' micro layout.

I want to start a new topic documenting the build, but I'm not sure where to put it. Would it go under "N Scale" or "Layout Design and Construction", or somewhere else? (I'm thinking "N Scale" since I'm not asking specific questions about layout design and construction.)

@flyboy2610 - haha, thanks! Actually, I might be willing to part with it, let me think on it.

I want to start a new topic documenting the build, but I'm not sure where to put it. Would it go under "N Scale" or "Layout Design and Construction", or somewhere else? (I'm thinking "N Scale" since I'm not asking specific questions about layout design and construction.)
Decent size for N scale, is it a switching one?

As where to put your thread, I'm not sure myself, probably N scale I would think.

I'm going with a 2' x 3' micro layout.
You made the right choice:)

Check out my build thread here on my (roughly) 2 x 3 micro layout:

First, I have a few of those exact same N-scale things....
Second, I think most of the "build" threads are in the "layout design and construction" category. Don't know why but there are some memorable ones in there.

Back