Hello Folks

Hi everyone. I have been a long time member of the trains.com forums but have found myself just not enjoying the place as much. The new forum software over there just seems like a big step backwards, so I thought I would look around the web for something new. So here I am! I notice that there are quite a few familiar names over here as well.

I am in the process of building a moderate size around the walls HO layout in my basement. It is nominally based in the transition era with emphasis on coal and grain production in the mid-west. I also run some of my old British trains from my childhood in the UK.

I have been in a real modelling slump since May and have hardly done a thing on the layout. Perhaps being a member here will inspire me to get back on with it:p

Hey Simon, glad to have you aboard! Yep there are a lot of familiar faces over here. You will find this side of the street much more easy going and friendly. Enjoy yourself.

BTW, I am Howmus over there......

Welcome aboard Simon, you've found a good home here. Enjoy the forums and make yourself at home.

Cheers Willis

Hello simon, I also came from trains.com and since it was getting to where there was a lot of complaining and BS that had nothing to do with model RR'ing I started looking around. Seems here I do not get as many replies but the ones I get are generally answers to my question and not the BS. Welcome aboard from another newcomer. Mike

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Today is a bad day for MRR. Music lessons, soccer team photos, soccer game and all that before lunch! Tomorrow I will reall attack my layout and prioritize my projects and get back into it.

Hi Simon and a big welcome to you!
I understand the slump in modeling as I went through the same this summer for about 2 months. Don't worry though; it passes and the excitement of it all always comes back.;) :)

Simon,
I have been in the same boat this summer. I have really been in a slump and just got going again. As for the other forum, I have no patience for the complaining and whinning over there. Every time I log on, someone is belly aching about something and it really brings out the worst in everyone. I find this forum more friendly and folks get along and play nice!

Good luck with your new found motivation... I know I am enjoying mine. Dave

Hi, Simon. A lot of us have come over to the grown-ups section. Nice to see you here.

I am one of the many who have been stalled for several months, mostly due to summer-type demands. I can sense a new wave of enthusiasm in the membership...time to get cracking. :D

-Crandell

Back