hello everybody

hey there everyone,

i just got hooked up on this forum and thought i'd just jump right into the mix.

i am in the process of starting a series of n-trak modules for an around the room layout. i decided i needed longer runs than my 4'x8' ply wood could support.

anyway, i am basing it in the 20's and 30's around arkham, innsmouth, and newburryport, mass. (supposedely just nne of boston). these are ficticious towns created through the writings of H.P. Lovecraft in the 20's and 30's.

arkham is going to be a busling city, innsmouth a very old and decayed fishing town, and i have to research newburry port more to get details.

i found references to a b&o through frieght through arkham, so i will be able to use off the shelf locos for that. other than that i will have to find someone to do some lettering for me for an arkham rr loco.

anyway, just wanted to introduce myself.

ian

Hi Ian, welcome aboard, I'm glad to see you make your first post with an introduction. It's appreciated. Fictitous towns and places, well that's welcome too. I have some places on my layout that are going to become fictitous also, because there's no places like them in this area.
arkham is going to be a busling city, innsmouth a very old and decayed fishing town, and i have to research newburry port more to get details.
Now this one I'm going to be very interested in so please keep us posted as you go along.
Cheers Willis

Welcome to the forums, Ian! I hope you can show us some pictures as you develop the new modules. I'm always amazed at the realism and detail of the artistry created by you N-scale guys!

Another N-Scaler on the forums. Yee haw!! we need more of us. Your layout sounds similar to what mine is. Around the room by modules what mine could be called. If I had to move all I need to do is make a few cuts in the scenery and track and my layout will come apart in 5 sections. Keep us up to date on your progress and if you need any help or suggestion just ask.

Welcome Ian.

I hate to be the one to tell you, but Newburyport, MA is a real town. It is located on the mouth of the Merrimack River, north of Boston. But in my opinion, NO BIG DEAL. My own route goes through a number of real towns and I don't worry the least that it never really happened. Sort of "It's my world, I'll do what I want!". It works so long as you keep in mind "It could have happened this way", and don't go overboard.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Kevin

thanks for the heads up on newburyport, that will make it easier to model. since everything else is based on literature and no pictures.

that's one of the things i love about lovecraft's works, is that the fictitious is mixed with the real in such a way that it all seems real. (sorry about that tangent there)

Like the man said :D
Another N-Scaler on the forums. Yee haw!! we need more of us.
Welcome to the forum,tis a nice place to be.Don't forget lots of pics while building and even more when done. :D

Hi All, I am new here as well. I know a few of the members here. I am glad to be part of this forum. Good luck with the layout Ian.

P.S Hi Catt :D

Back