Hello and Happy Holidays! Ive graduated from O and moving to G!

666Venger666

Good morning all,

Ive been into trains for about 5 years now. My wife got me started after she bought me an old Chesapeake Lionel O scale set. I built a table, had two trains running at the same time. That was fun for awhile but we needed the space and the table came down. These days the train only comes out for Christmas so naturally I get a little excited about trains again and buy some new toys and this year is no different.

I moved to G scale and Im not going back! The first train will just be for the tree so I bought a used Bachman North Pole and Southern with the LED lights on the side of the engine and tender. Now Ill start adding Christmas cars one by one. I picked up a 6' circle of LGB brass track and thats it so far. I like to take it slow because Ive learned manys time over that the journey is far more fun than the destination.

Looks like this board is fairly active so I look forward to reading and learning.

Merry Christmas!

Welcome aboard. We love pictures on this forum and don't get to see a lot of the G scale stuff, so post away even if it is just a circle around the tree. My sister in law's husband collects G scale stuff, but I have only seen a small circle around the Christmas tree once. They live over 1000 miles away and we don't get a chance to visit often. He has some neat stuff, over 250 LGB cars and engines and a lot of track, but I don't think much of it has run.

Welcome, I have some G scale that was given to me but no power pack. Have to do some more research to get it going. Most of my time is spent with HO though.

Tom-
G scale is just like HO scale, only bigger..... and more expensive.... and requires a little more space.
Anything else I can help you with?

The first train will just be for the tree so I bought a used Bachman North Pole and Southern with the LED lights on the side of the engine and tender. Now Ill start adding Christmas cars one by one. I picked up a 6' circle of LGB brass track and thats it so far. I like to take it slow because Ive learned manys time over that the journey is far more fun than the destination.
That is how I started in G-Gauge. A very good way. Got a Kalamazoo Mountain Central set for a Christmas Tree in 1983. Then for each Christmas and birthday we bought a new piece of track and another car. Grew to have 2 locomotives then 3. Now an entire Christmas Forest of trees with trains around them. This was the gym lobby display in 2015.
IMG_5454.JPG

Back