Helicon 8 Photo Stacking?

goscrewyourselves

I'm the one
Anyone have this Helicon 8 Photo Stacking Software by any chance ? Need some help sorting it out and getting it to work.

Or, if you guys use something else, I'd be interested to know what you use and what you think of it too.

I have extensively used photo stacking with Photoshop and it works fine. I used this a lot wit ship model photos, which if done with any fore aft perspective have the same depth of field issues as trains do.

I realize that photoshop might not be a popular choice for most as it's difficult to justify if you are not a serious photographer!

Good luck!

Unfortunately a few years ago Photoshop went to an exclusively subscription rather than a stand alone setup. So it gets updated and my version is "Adobe Photoshop 2023".

CombineZP works for me. It's free. Just be sure to return to the same aiming point, or very close, with each shot, and to convert all of them in a batch to tiff format before you insert them into the program.

index.php

index.php

I have a free CameraPixels app on my phone to take the stacked images and combine them with Affinity Software on my computer. Haven't used either that much, rarely take pictures that need to be "publishable" quality.

If you’re looking for an easy way to take and combine stacked images, CameraPixels is a great option. It’s a free app that allows you to take and combine images quickly, with options to adjust exposure, ISO, focus, and more. It also includes multiple capture modes, including manual and auto-stack modes.

Once you’ve captured the images with the CameraPixels SPAM LINK REMOVED you can then use Affinity software to combine them. Affinity is a professional photo editing and design software, designed for both Mac and Windows. It’s a powerful program that can help you to edit and combine multiple images, as well as add effects, adjust color, and more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back