Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

So it's been a while, but was busy at work.
I've been working on my covered bridge for almost a month now and I'm waiting on my rails, spikes and Tie plates to come in so I can finish the bridge.
I decided to work on a small area still not finish and that's the area behind the train station. I got the rough area done and tried my hand a making trees. I still need to work on the parking area for the station and the steam locomotive building.
I also got started on making the abutments for the covered bridge one stone at a time. The next step is to get the mortar in between the stones and then the painting.
IMG_3808.JPG

IMG_3806.JPG

IMG_3810.JPG

IMG_3803.JPG

The detailing on the station and loco building is exceptional. Seeing your work in the past leads me to believe it will only improve greatly with the trees and any other details that you add.
I can't really comment on the abutments yet, but I am looking forward to your progress.

Got to say, its been awhile since I checked in, but things are looking excellent. Those look like pretty deep woods, on the backdrop, a few pages back. The towns, however, look very civilized. Have you run the Canadien at all?

The detailing on the station and loco building is exceptional. Seeing your work in the past leads me to believe it will only improve greatly with the trees and any other details that you add.
I can't really comment on the abutments yet, but I am looking forward to your progress.

Thanks Willie, here's where I'm at now, still need weathering and streaks.

IMG_3811.JPG

IMG_3813.JPG

IMG_3816.JPG

Got to say, its been awhile since I checked in, but things are looking excellent. Those look like pretty deep woods, on the backdrop, a few pages back. The towns, however, look very civilized. Have you run the Canadien at all?

Thanks Otis, yes my towns are very civilized, if people don't listen, they get the boot....lol.
Nope not yet, it's still in it's original box, waiting for the right time....soon.

Just curious...I know a little town called Hawkesbury in Ontario (Canada) near the Ottawa river and the province of Québec. I have crossed this city many times coming from Grenville (QC) to take the 417 on my way to Ottawa.

Just curious...I know a little town called Hawkesbury in Ontario (Canada) near the Ottawa river and the province of Québec. I have crossed this city many times coming from Grenville (QC) to take the 417 on my way to Ottawa.
That's the town. Everything on my layout is based on town names from the area going to Montreal, but everything is fictitious, or as we would say "Protolance". Prototypical for the names and Freelance for the rest.

Back