Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

It's been almost a month, so what have I been up to?
There would be so much to show, so I'll post the major work.

First I did an apple orchard

2021-03-03 23-56-52.jpg

I'm also finishing details for my scenery AP by adding track details, such as whistle post, switch stands, crossing bucks, etc. (only finish areas)

IMG_3522.JPG

I didn't like the look of the beehive, especially it didn't have a mesh at the top, so I decided to make it look better.

IMG_3551z.JPG

IMG_3556.JPG

Almost done with this scene, just needs a bit more details. Weathering a crane is not to bad, but a black one is not easy, but it came out ok. I wanted a down and dirty, rusty look, but still operable.... and boy is it ever dirty and rusty....lol.

IMG_3568.JPG

The next area I will be spending some time on is "Heavy Metal Scrapyard"

IMG_3540.JPG

I'm also doing some clinics for NMRA, working with NMRAx and trying to finish a few Achievement program such as the "Scenic", "Structure" and "Engineering". I'm keeping myself very busy, but I love this hobby.

That's it for now.....later.

Lloyd

Lloyd - I like what you have done. The rusted VW in the apple orchard really makes that scene. The RR ROW through the city looks excellent. If I might make a suggestion, add a little debris. Can't comment on the beehive since I am not familar with them. Crane looks very well done. Looking forward to the scrapyard improvements. Thanks for posting.

Lloyd - I like what you have done. The rusted VW in the apple orchard really makes that scene. The RR ROW through the city looks excellent. If I might make a suggestion, add a little debris. Can't comment on the beehive since I am not familar with them. Crane looks very well done. Looking forward to the scrapyard improvements. Thanks for posting.
Thanks for the suggestion Willie

Almost done with this scene, just needs a bit more details. Weathering a crane is not to bad, but a black one is not easy, but it came out ok. I wanted a down and dirty, rusty look, but still operable.... and boy is it ever dirty and rusty....lol.

You nailed the black crane with your realistic weathering. Black is hard to weather convincingly, but you mastered the means to create a dirty, rusty operating crane on your railroad.

That locomotive that you posted for your Face Book is excellent. Can you show a side view?

Greg

Still working on my covered bridge. Interior and outside walls are done and so is the roof.
The floor was done, but needs to be corrected (the boards need to be removed as they were installed once the rails were removed).
Now I'm working on the piers.
I need to figure out if the rails were sitting on tie plates. The bridge was designed and build in 1889 and the tie plates were invented in 1990. By the time they installed the rails, maybe the tie plates were available? I can't find any pictures of it. Also, if there was no tie plates, did they use 1 spike on either side of the rails or 2? And finally, again no pictures, did they have the inner rails (sorry can't remember the right terminology)?

IMG_3762.JPG

IMG_3753-1.jpg

IMG_3792.JPG

All good questions, Lloyd! I wish I could help you, but it was just slightly before my time, LOL!
Superb build - your talent with everything you do - still amazes me!

I'm going to make GUESS here that there were No Tie Plates!
Whether, or not, there were guard rails, I would say - lol - maybe?

Back