Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

My latest update.

A kit plus a kit bash and a scratch build put together.

IMG_3351.JPG

Finally finish the bypass between the two entrances to my helix for a continuous run.

2021-02-04 21-59-24 (B,Radius18,Smoothing10).jpg

2021-02-04 21-58-13 (B,Radius18,Smoothing10).jpg

Also finish a 40" fence for my scrapyard.

IMG_3367.JPG

Lloyd -- That "bowling alley/bar" building is without a doubt the most awesome structure I have seen on a model rr!

I wish I could give you more views of that grain complex-maybe I'll try and come up with some dimensions?

Lloyd -- That "bowling alley/bar" building is without a doubt the most awesome structure I have seen on a model rr!
I wish I could give you more views of that grain complex-maybe I'll try and come up with some dimensions?

Sherrel, Thank you very much. That grain complex seems like a real challenge and I'm looking for something like that to do on my spare time.

very nice Lloyd . How did you weather those fence panels?

Thanks Jim, In all honesty, I cheated...lol. I did some panels earlier, but I needed to do 40" of it, so I bought them already like this from "Goodwoodscenics" in the UK. These are the ones I did.

IMG_3249.JPG

Lloyd: A great job again on doing superb work. I'm getting second thoughts of replacing many of my buildings on he layout to meet higher standards and modeling quality.

Greg

Lloyd - Very nice kit. The weathering is superb.

Thanks Willie

Lloyd: A great job again on doing superb work. I'm getting second thoughts of replacing many of my buildings on he layout to meet higher standards and modeling quality.

Greg

Thanks Greg. Ask yourself if you can repaint, take apart and redo and even kit bash some of the parts first. When redoing a building, defects can be hidden with lots of stuff such as vines or garbage along a wall, even corrugated sheets, especially wood buildings. You can even cover a wall to make it look like a concrete patch.

Lloyd: My buildings need more aged signage, ala George Sellios, dock details and exterior lighting. I have several buildings that I want to paint the lower story an aged white. You have some great ideas for redoing a building with the details you suggested.

In the Saxeville Interchange area, the buildings will get removed when I ballast the 16 turnouts and tracks in this area. The back of the buildings, along the skyline, will get Walther's background relief on foam board to increase the dept of the scenes. The Walther's are dated, but since I have several sets of the background buildings, I'll use them. This will be the time for "Urban Renew" of these buildings, one by one.

Greg

Back