Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

I second Chet......outstanding work!!! The attention to detail is perfect and the items like the utility lines. the half tires in the driveway, junk vehicle and the rest of the items.

Keep the photos coming.

Greg

Thanks everyone.
Now I'm back working on my huge brewery.

IMG_3067.JPG

There will be magnetic uncouplers at each door.

IMG_3068.JPG

Every door will be connected to an Arduino so that the operator will need to flip a switch to open them.

IMG_3063.JPG

This represents about 15% of the roof details I'm working on.

IMG_3070.JPG

I decided to go with a ballasted roof with fine ballast which represents a maximum size of 1 1/2". When I did my research on the net, it said up to 2 1/2", therefore I'm ok. I'm almost done with these two roofs out of 10 for the brewery. The roofs are not installed yet as I need to do the wiring for the outside light, doors and sound. Will now work on roof number three.

IMG_3083.JPG

IMG_3081.JPG

Eureka....
The coding, the wiring is done for one building, now I just need to copy and paste for the second. How does it work?
The operator of the brewery will have to press on the push buttons for each door (6), but only one door can be open at a time. Once pressed, the light for that door will start flashing red, warning sound will play and once the door is up, the light turns green.
When closing, the same happens, the button is pressed the light starts flashing red, warning sound plays and when totally closed, the light stays red.
Some operators might not like the sound, therefore there is a switch to turn the sound off.
Check the video:

Great work! You do top notch work Lloyd! Great details!
Do you have a choice of alarm sounds? Is this the prototype sound? I had just never heard that sound associated with door operations.

OK, I'm done with this building. It wasn't an easy one, the instructions were not that great. Broke a few pieces while building, glad I had ordered lots of wood from Mt. Albert. Didn't get the weathering like I wanted, but it will do ok.

Overall, it was a fun little kit and I learned a lot. Each manufacturer has it's own way of facing each kit. I'm used to painting every piece before assembling, in this case, lots of pieces needs to be painted after assembling.

I'll probably make a diorama with this building since I have no room for it on my layout.
IMG_3239.JPG

IMG_3240.JPG

IMG_3241.JPG

Lloyd,

The Yellow House looks like a place out of a Gordon Lightfoot song. All you need is Sundown hanging out on the balcony upstairs. It looks like you've made some progress. My other question, which you may have already answered is: Molson, or Carling brewery?

Keep those photos coming! And stay healthy!

Carl 'Otis'

I just finished another building from a kit which had 6 buildings in it.
The general store from the "Rust Rock Falls" from FOS Scale is completed. This was not an easy kit because the instruction were very vague. I calculated about 50-60 hours to build this kit.
I did a few modifications such as:
- Extruded entrance to the store.
- Scratch build a new porch.
- Modified windows for the curtains to flow outside.
- Detail store interior.
- Interior lighting to the store and 2nd floor to the left.
- All new Canadian vintage signs.
- Exterior details and people.
Unfortunately, I don't have room for it on my layout, but will find a place on a diorama or a module at a later date.
Now, back to working on the layout.

IMG_3339.JPG

IMG_3342.JPG

IMG_3343.JPG

Back