Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Nice score Lloyd. That's a beautiful locomotive.

Thanks Willie

Here's another weathered locomotive.
It's an Alco S2 and it's been in use for 25 years.
Nice weathering by Ralph Renzetti. (including the box cars)

IMG_1636.JPG

This is what scratch building is all about.
I had build the City Station from Walther's about 3 years ago and as I was relocating it to the layout, I dropped it, yes I did. Not wanting to spend on another kit, I took it all apart and measured every piece and rebuild it in basswood. I reused the doors and windows. I also did some interior work, lighting and build a platform.

City Station 2.jpg
IMG_1626.JPG
IMG_1631.JPG

IMG_1807.JPG

Very nice! The rebuild, I mean. You now have something that is truly one of a kind!

Thanks, yes definitely unique. Three people have asked me to build the same station, had to say no because, I have so much to do on the layout for now.

What a great looking reproduction. Using wood siding instead of brick paper gives it a really unique look.

Thanks Willie, but I still love the 3D embossed paper, which I used for the two pillars and the platform sides. But yes I do like wood more.

I am helping a friend designing his backdrop in exchange for weathering my cars (not all 250, but a big majority). I started with his city background and the buildings are 3D (layered). I've also started on my brewery location.

IMG_1926.JPG

IMG_1931.JPG

IMG_1932.JPG

This is the brewery to be (with a few modifications).

Breweryy.jpg

Lloyd, you're making good progress on your large layout, it seems to me. Keep up the posts, and take plenty of photos. Which brand of beer is the brewery going to make? Besides all the warehouses, doesn't the brewery need some silos for grain, etc? From all the breweries I've seen over the years, they usually have at least one 'taller' building on site, with for silos, or so as the mash becomes beer, it moves from high up in the building, towards ground level, but I haven't taken any brewery tours of late. if I had a critism, that would be the only one, regardng the plan for your brewery complex.

Lloyd, you're making good progress on your large layout, it seems to me. Keep up the posts, and take plenty of photos. Which brand of beer is the brewery going to make? Besides all the warehouses, doesn't the brewery need some silos for grain, etc? From all the breweries I've seen over the years, they usually have at least one 'taller' building on site, with for silos, or so as the mash becomes beer, it moves from high up in the building, towards ground level, but I haven't taken any brewery tours of late. if I had a critism, that would be the only one, regardng the plan for your brewery complex.

Thanks otiscnj,
On the sketch there's 24 silos and there will be much more stuff added that's not on the sketch.

Those "flats" are huge and VERY WELL DONE!
I appreciate the updates!

Thanks Sherrel,

Yes they are huge and lots of work involve, especially when you don't want to build it like on the box cover and like everybody else.

Just came back from my NMRA meeting and what better way to celebrate the 150th birthday of the Golden Spike by receiving the Golden Spike Award from the NMRA.

IMG_E2575.JPG

Back