Has Atlas Acquired all of MTH Tooling Since they Stopped Production?

Brakeman Hal

I'm looking for an O-Scale 2-Rail Steam Loco with DCC and Sound, preferably a 2-8-0 Consolidation or a 2-6-0 Mogul with Western road names, like SF, UP, or SP.

Is Atlas in production again with former MTH engines?

Thanks,
Brakeman Hal

In direct response to the question posed in your thread title, no they did not. They only acquired the O scale stuff. HO and S scale went to ScaleTrains. Atlas has not yet announced when they will restart production on the tools that they purchased. they originally announced that they would announce what would be first before April 1, but I have not seen any information.

Atlas announced that their first issue from the MTH tooling will be the 70' Madison heavyweight passenger cars.

Additionally, AFAIK no announcement has been made on the Premier steam tooling, so I think MTH still owns that. They did announce a run of USRA Pacific locomotives in many road names a few weeks back. However, I'm not sure if they are offering a 2-rail version.

For a full listing of the specific tooling that Atlas acquired, you can look here:

I talked to ATLAS today, and they said they will be manufacturing O-Scale 3-Rail only in Steam and Diesel. No 2-Rail production.

So long, ATLAS!

Hal

three rail is probably 98 per cent of the O gauge market, so it's a pretty smart move for them, instant acceptance ....

Oh, thats the Industrial line which is definitely O27. I don’t even think they make the Industrial line anymore. Their Trainman and Master lines are much nicer and full O scale. But the only steamer they’ve released in Master was a USRA 0-6-0 switcher AFAIK.

Back