Has anyone ordered from...

traindude10

Hi everyone,

My friend forwarded an email from dallasmodelworks.com about free shipping May 11-13. I've never ordered from them before and wondered if anyone has any info. Site looks great though.
Thanks for your help!
traindude10

If anyone is interested, I just ordered the Flat Car Loader and 2 hours later got an email that it had shipped. Very impressive turn around.

I've been getting the e-mails and checked out the website. But, I am a deal shopper and I couldn't find any there, so I haven't ordered anything from them yet.

eBay... and rrtrains.com myself, then non deal items or super sales from walthers.com. and I have yet to get off my butt and order from Nate (sushob.com)

Interesting. eBay I can see, but it's pretty random what you'll find and at what price.

Walthers charges full price (MSRP) though. They do have some things on sale but the the prices are only about the same as my local train shop.

I went to sushob.com but their prices aren't much lower than Walthers.

rrtraains.com and dallasmodelworks seem to be about the same.

I notice you have to be a member with rrtrains. Is that like a CostCo membership?

Sort of, $50 a year and the prices are about 60% of the MSRP. I got myself an RTR Dash 9 for $58 (I think they've gone up now). Even without it, its still a tad cheaper.

Check out http://www.preownedtrains.com too, this guy has always been nice to deal with, some of the stuff he has is new in box for 1/2 the price.

I went to sushob.com but their prices aren't much lower than Walthers.

For Walthers items yes, because they won't sell to me directly. I'm not a big enough company and I don't have a brick-and-mortar storefront. The Walthers items I can get I buy through another supplier, hence the slim discount.

Back