Has anyone heard from dthurman???

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
Dave hasn't posted here or at trains.com since 12 Oct. That's strange by Dave's forum standards! I sent him an email but got no reply. Has anyone heard from him? His posts are missed around here and I hope he's doing well.

Dave's last post here was 12 Oct as well. Up till then he was averaging something like 26 posts per day. I looked in an online phone directory but the only number I came up with is for Dave and Martha. I think Dave's lady is named Carol... I hope he's doing alright too. If anyone know's how to contact him, please let me know.

Just to place the thread to bed, I am back, I am okay, I was having some pretty bad withdraws from no Internet for the last few months, but I did get a lot of MR stuff done :)

Thanks for the concern, I never realized just how much you guys were looking out for me. Thumbs up to all of you.

David,

Good to hear from you! Done any more weathering lately, or has the MILW hogged the attention? :p

Whoa! You're back! Man, I was just thinking about you earlier this week Dave and I was really concerned. You know, you should let us know the next time you're going to have one of these unplanned outages... :p

As for weathering, no, but I have another MILW to do, plus I just got my MP15DC's in CNW paint, though thinking about doing them as TP&W units, that I have a decent shot of them dirty ;)

As for those pesky outages, I may have to get dailup as a backup, though it is about as much as Hi-Speed in our area.

It's good to be back. I did pickup a part-time job to defer model railroading costs at the only train/hobby shop in town, so now I can mess with all the new stuff, and even better, I get paid with trains :)

dthurman said:
As for weathering, no, but I have another MILW to do, plus I just got my MP15DC's in CNW paint, though thinking about doing them as TP&W units, that I have a decent shot of them dirty ;)

Welcome Back! :)

Is that the HO Atlas MP15DC? I have a Reading on order with sound from my LHS - but checking Atlas website - looks like they won't ship til January 06 or so.

Brad

No, they are the MP15DC's for N scale from Atlas. They are great runners, seems like each new engine release from Atlas gets better and better for us N scale guys. Only complaint is that the wheels are too narrow on the gauge. I run them on C55 track and it is very unforgiving on tolerances (sp), I can only imagine the quality of the HO units, they should be well worth the money.

Back