Has anyone ever...

BIG DOG

put a plane flying around part of their layout?

I have a rather large crop field that needs crop dusting, what I want to do is have a plane "fly" over a the field kinda low and pick back up over the river and swoop down and do it again!:D

I know the plane needs to be on some type of rod then connected to a motor but I don't know what type motor to use
THANKS

Never done it, but I remember seeing it done when I was younger, but not quite the complex.

What about a slow switch machine motor they just keep rotating with the turnout. mount it in a farm silo and use piano wire out to the plane.

Ken.

I have a rather large crop field that needs crop dusting, what I want to do is have a plane "fly" over a the field kinda low and pick back up over the river and swoop down and do it again!
I saw that on a module at the 1999 NMRA Convention in St. Louis. I don't remember how they did it. As I recall they even had smoke units on the plane for the "dust".

How about a turnout stall motor without the stops to stall against? Oh I'm sorry I see NZRMac already made that suggestion.

I used a windshield wiper 12v. motor to operate a turntable once a few years ago & most of them have about 6 or 8 diff. speeds. All you have to do is fasten it under a table & attach a piece of piano wire to the shaft & bend the wire to whatever heighth you need. A junk yard sells them for about $5.00 to $10.00.

There's also a book you can buy that tells you how to make almost anything movable & in scale.

Back