has anyone ever built one of these kits?

Suncoast kits are old school craftsman kits. They were designed before the days of laser cutting, so you'll open the box to find a set of plans, scale lumber of various sizes, wood siding or cardstock, maybe both, Campbell corrugated tin or shingles, or maybe paper for the roof, and Grandt line windows. Possibly some white metal castings.

If you like to work with wood, they are fun to build, but will take some time. They do build up into nice models. If you want something laser cut look at kits by GC Laser, FOScale, BTS, American Model Builders, or Bar Mills, but they may be a little more expensive. Not sure of they offer a logging camp like this one, but Google will take you to their sites.

I bought the Suncoast logging camp kit at a swap meet this past year but haven't put it together yet. It's somewhere on my to-do list.
Like Alan said it's a pre-laser cut building with the building walls die-cut and the rest either scale lumber or metal castings. There is one sheet of written instructions and a sheet of drawings/ templates. If you want I can post a picture of the parts.

As an intresting side note I found a note in the bost that states:
Effenctive August 15, 1968 our address is.......

Back