Greyhound Scenic Cruiser

Greyhound Scenicruiser

My Classic Metal Works Greyhound Scenicruiser (HO scale) arrived today.

Great looking bus. The tinted windows are nice. The details package includes windshield wipers and rear view mirrors to be added.

I took some quick photos of it on the layout:

AipHUkf.jpg

eaZBUI5.jpg

W4DJYA0.jpg

E7DflU3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks right at home there Matt. Every time I see one I'm reminded of the Roy Clark song "Thank God and Greyhound you're gone".

I have one of those when they first came out...had to wait four months for it because of the demand. I wished I had bought several of them.:(

Two more photos. This bus looks great on my late 1950s era layout. It seems to fit in well.

9vEzD9k.jpg

PnmoMYC.jpg

Great pictures. I know Classic Metalworks just got their first shipment of this new bus from the factory in China, but I've been checking inventory at Walthers every couple days and they still don't show them as in stock yet.

Beautiful!

Even if I didn't have a layout I would have one on my bookshelf. I rode one of those between Nashville and Oakland, CA when I was 18.

Three more photos showing the added accessories; wipers and side view mirrors. I also added a driver.

It's really easy to get inside. Simply remove the front and rear bumpers. Then the whole interior and underframe should come out.

The poor driver had to have his legs and most of his lower torso removed to fit. I also had to file a bit of the seat to get him in there. I might add a few passengers, but you can't really see much though the tinted windows.

Og2083Y.jpg

MvBqb6I.jpg

tStusMF.jpg

Back