Greetings to all.

hyrail5 said:
Robert and Brent - I would also be interested. Keep me posted! Great layout & concept for operations. I can't wait to see it in person.

Brian

Sounds good Brian, looking forward to meeting you as well.

Also- Nice website- I checked it out awhile back.:cool:

hyrail5 said:
A couple questions...

1) What does your motive power roster look like?

2) Is your layout DCC or DC?

3) Have/would you consider "run-thru" trains for your route? (ie- SP/BN train 111/112 was a pool train that ran over SP between Eugene and Portland and over BN between Portland and Seattle. This train usually used all SP power.)

4) Do you have a track plan you can post?

Thanks,
Brian

PS - perhaps we (Brent, Robert, Seth and I) could all meet for drinks at the Oly Club sometime.

4- Atlas C30-7
1-Atlas Master Silver U30-C
1- Kato SD70MAC
2- Atlas Master GP38 [1 is ARR]
1- P2K GP30
1- Atlas Classic C-424
1- Athearn GP38 (currently out of service)
3- MRC/Trainline FA-1 [UP](1 MOW- used for towing track cleaners, 2 being saved for Robert's layout)
Some don't even have detail parts installed yet.
*See pics

2. Prodigy Advance DCC- Have 2 CABs so far Need 3 or 4 more

3. I am open to anything that makes it more fun. I excersice "modeler's ignorance" whenever possible- LOL I have a few cars that are too old for my era, and a few that are too new. Purchased before I knew what I wanted to do.

4. I will have to get back to you on that. Its on Right Track Freeware and I would have to figure out how to make it a jpg.

A couple more roster shots. The ARR 2005 and BN 2250 have seen better days but still run excellent. Probably just getting broke in- LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
speent said:
I will have to get back to you on that. Its on Right Track Freeware and I would have to figure out how to make it a jpg.

Brent,

Have you tried capturing screen images into MS-Paint and connecting those together [if necessary]? That's what I do with my AbaCAData track plans.

Here's how:

1) Make as much of the track plan visible on the monitor ["maximized" view], then press the PrintScreen/SysRq key.

2) Activate a session of MS-Paint (or any compatible graphics editor), then press CTRL+V to "paste" the screen image from your clipboard. Increase the dimensions of your image to accommdate additional paste-ins.

3) Going back to your track planning software, scroll down to expose more of your layout diagram, then hit PrintScreen/SysRq again.

4) In your graphical editor, paste-in the most recent screen capture, crop it wherever necessary, and connect it to your earlier image clip.

5) Save the image as a ".gif" file (works better for non-photographic images since no color degradation occurs, unlike with .jpg's)

I'm sure there is an easier-to-follow set of these instructions posted online somewhere, just thought I'd share what I know...good luck!

Hello and Welcome to the forum, Brent.

VERY nice work. You make it look like it was built by a craftsman. One thing does concern me though, Try not to keep it so clean otherwise your wife may find house cleaning a new hobby for you:D :D ;) !!! I showed my wife your pics, and she looked at me and said " see, he can keep it tidy". If only she knew:cool: .
I can't wait to watch your progress, Thanks for "coming out", and I for one can understand why you are so excited about sharing. Please keep doing so.

Johnny

:)
enjineerbill said:
Hello and Welcome to the forum, Brent.

VERY nice work. You make it look like it was built by a craftsman. One thing does concern me though, Try not to keep it so clean otherwise your wife may find house cleaning a new hobby for you:D :D ;) !!! I showed my wife your pics, and she looked at me and said " see, he can keep it tidy". If only she knew:cool: .
I can't wait to watch your progress, Thanks for "coming out", and I for one can understand why you are so excited about sharing. Please keep doing so.

Johnny

Thanks alot Johnny for the nice words. One of my goals is to keep things as clean as possible. I am fortunate because I have build my hobby room in my shop, and I finished the room (incl insulating, drywall, carpet, and heat) before I satrted). I can do all of the dirty work such as sawing wood, painting, etc in the adjacent shop. I also have storage racks for all of my boxes of stuff out there. I also have a HEPA filter running to keep the dust down. Don't get me wrong- I make plenty of messes when I'm working in there, but I like to keep it clean so I can just go out and run my trains if I want. Sounds a little "anal", but thats how I roll:cool: . When I start scenery, things are going to get alot more messy.

By the way, Robert Scott has been detailing and weathering my motive power, so some new roster shots will be coming out next week. He has really done a nice job on 9615- the SD70MAC! I should let him do the bragging on that one.

NWR #200 said:
Any update on these photos? We are photo freaks here :D

Robert took some photos after finishing and detailing some of my locos. But, since you have now seen everything in person, I guess you won't be needing any more pics.

Just kidding bud- LOL

hyrail5 said:
When is the next operating session?

Brian

I don't know- I have alot of work to do, but the layout is operational minus the Port and East Allen Industrial area. I need to get more Prodigy Advance cabs too. I need a bunch of decoders for Drews 10 locos also.

I will send you a private e-mail with my phone number so you can arrange to come over and check it out sometime.

Brent,
This is the first time I have taken the time to visit the entire thread and boy did I miss something great. How long a drive would it be from Tulsa to your RR? Just kidding. I eagerly await future photos.

NoSpaceOreCashRR said:
Brent,
This is the first time I have taken the time to visit the entire thread and boy did I miss something great. How long a drive would it be from Tulsa to your RR? Just kidding. I eagerly await future photos.

Thanks alot Bob. I need to get more pictures taken and posted because I (and others) have done alot of work, especially to rolling stock.

After my initial post, my "group" has exploded from 3 people to 8 plus a couple one-time visitors. My rolling stock roster has more than doubled with new friends taking the trains "out of the closet". LOL:)

Back