Greetings from The Great Smoky Montains!

ElPocoLoco

Been out of Model Railroading since 1996. I still can’t believe it’s been that long...

After a mostly enjoyable 24 year run, a stroke, an MI, Surgery, a complete change of lifestyle, recovery, a good year, Covid, another complete change of lifestyle and some reconsiderations on happiness... I’m back.
I’m slowly accumulating pieces & construction materials for an N Scale layout; aside of that, I am preparing to re-open a ‘virtual’ HO Scale Super Detailing & Weathering business (that was sidelined in ‘96) while I finish electronics school. I’ve not been back to work since the surgery and the prospects are not in my lane for the moment. So, I’mma improvise.

I'm glad to have some company as I pursue this hobby once again. It took a long time to realize that this is where my artful passions flourished And like minded acquaintances became friends.

Happy to finally be a member here - I’ve been peeking under the shade for almost a year. lol 😂

Welcome aboard! We spent our Honeymoon in the Smokey’s beautiful place. Willie is right this is a good place but you should know this by now if you Ghosted it for a year

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. Glad you're back in the hobby again. Sounds like you've been through a lot but got through everything alright. Feel free to post any photos and stop by the coffee shop where we talk about anything but religion and politics.

Welcome aboard, quite the story, looking forward to seeing some pics!

As for the aforementioned coffee shop Flo won’t let me back in yet.
(sign says “no shoes no shirt”, absolutely no mention of pants!)
Come on Rico put a towel on and come over but make sure it’s a beach towel

Back