Greetings from N.E. Kansas

Mixed Freight

Hello Folks,

New member here. I just recently learned of this forum by simply doing a search for model railroad forums (maybe about a month or two ago), and after lurking for a little bit, I kinda' like what I see and have decided to join.

I've been interested in model railroading most of my life, and except for about a 12 year stint building and flying R/C model airplanes, have pretty much been involved in model railroading to various degrees the rest of the time. In my younger days, I dabbled mainly in HO scale. However, in the mid/late 90's, I started getting involved in N-scale, and by the mid 2000's, got involved with N-Trak for about a decade. The last 7 or 8 years however, my interest has been changing over to 3-rail O-gauge. O-gauge seems to run the gamut all the way from pretty darned scale to very toy train-like. I find my tastes run more towards the scale side, but I still can appreciate the toy train side of it also.

As I have a fair amount of experience under my belt, I hope to help folks out a bit where I can. And, since it's never too late to teach an old dog new tricks, I know for a fact I can still have questions on certain items myself from time to time.

Well, like I say, I like the looks of this place. Unfortunately, with summer here, my postings may be a little light for awhile, got way too much to get done outside while the weather permits. But I'm sure when it starts chilling down later this fall, I'll be like a lot of other folks and able to spend more time on model railroading.

Here's a teaser for ya'.......................
100_0663.jpg

One end of my 6' x 23' modular N-scale home layout (not N-Trak compliant, however). This module was inspired by a picture in one of my Rock Island books. Although the picture in the book looks nothing like this scene! But hey, that's what inspiration's all about, isn't it? :)

Thanks Willie. Yes, I still have it. Although work has stagnated on it in the past 2 or 3 years.
Here's a few more photo's.............................................
100_0662.jpg
100_0664.jpg
100_0665.jpg
100_0666.jpg

I just wanted to replicate a typical Midwestern farm scene, as you might find down a typical gravel road out in the country. I'm pretty happy with the way this turned out.

Back