Greetings from Central Ohio!

JeffH

Hello everyone!

Like many people, I found myself digging out the old train set this past winter since we were all cooped up.

Back in 1994, my wife got me a pretty nice locomotive ands some rolling Stock from a LHS called The Train Station in Columbus, OH. She also got a lot of Bachman EZ-Track pieces and a lot of Atlas flex track. A friend gave me another locomotive sometime soon after that. We played with it most Christmases until the kids got older. It's been sitting in a plastic tub for probably 15 years or longer.

So I built a 4'x8' table and did a double lap layout to test everything. I got both locomotives to run pretty well, after taking them apart and giving them a good cleaning. about half the rolling stock worked, which was plenty to test everything. I'll see if I can post a video of the test setup.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post their knowledge and wisdom!

Welcome Jeff. The folks on this forum are great and have helped me a lot. You are very lucky to be in central Ohio. whenever I visit relatives there I go to Smoke Stack hobby shop in Lancaster. Those guys are great. Speaking of which..... I think I better drive over to Ohio and check on Mom ..... my LHS here in southwest Michigan is out of supplies :)

Belated welcome, Jeff! You do understand that this could be a sign of model railroading relapse? Other types of addictions may be curable, model railroading not so much! ;) Although there have been some twenty-year hiatus (college, military, marriage, moving), since I switched to HO from American Flyer S gage at age 14, I'm now approaching my 79th birthday, and have twice or more times the amount of rolling stock as will fit on my 14' x 14' folded dogbone layout! I just ran across a bunch of parts for Mantua steam locomotives, and am having a heckofa time avoiding making up another Mikado...or something! I don't model the Union Pacific, but am contemplating maybe a 4-12-2! :eek:
Anyhow, Jeff, welcome back to the hobby!
Stay well and safe!

Thanks for the welcome!

There is an N-Scale show coming up at the Franklin County Fairgrounds (Hilliard, Ohio, suburb of Columbus) in a couple weeks. I'm hoping to find some fun stuff for my eventual build.

I get really busy in the warmer months with yard work (I have about 6 acres to mow) and my wife has a flower truck business that I help her with that consumes at least a day each weekend. So, I'll be mostly just planning a build that will commence next Fall.

I've already changed the basis for my layout several times. It keeps getting larger, LOL!

Back