Great News for Canadian Modelers

rlundy90

Armchair Engineer
I just found out that Prototype Model Industries in Ontario is going to produce MLW S13 and MLW RS23 locos. This is great news for anyone who, like me, have been searching for these locos. Until now the only way to get these was to buy the Van Hobbies brass version going for as much as $1600 or to find a Point One Models version. Both are very rare and almost impossible to find. I emailed the owner and he has told me it will be available painted or undecorated, with or without drive system. It will also be available in N scale later on. And heres the best part. He says it will be very affordable. I can't wait. For anyone that isn't familiar with these locos, My avatar shows a Greater Winnipeg Water District S13. The RS23 looks almost identical minus the 2 windows in the middle of the cab above the hood. Heres a link to their website. Ron.

http://pmimodels.netfirms.com/

Thanx for the link Ron!
I see He's also doing some bunks as well as GP-9RM's in HO and G!
Sweet!

RS 23's for me, Stephen the CB&CNS had at least one RS 23 in Sydney (CN Zebra) colors don't know if was ever used in service by the road, I have a photo somewhere on a DVD
Cheers
Willis

I just found out that Prototype Model Industries in Ontario is going to produce MLW S13 and MLW RS23 locos. This is great news for anyone who, like me, have been searching for these locos. Until now the only way to get these was to buy the Van Hobbies brass version going for as much as $1600 or to find a Point One Models version. Both are very rare and almost impossible to find. I emailed the owner and he has told me it will be available painted or undecorated, with or without drive system. It will also be available in N scale later on. And heres the best part. He says it will be very affordable. I can't wait. For anyone that isn't familiar with these locos, My avatar shows a Greater Winnipeg Water District S13. The RS23 looks almost identical minus the 2 windows in the middle of the cab above the hood. Heres a link to their website. Ron.

http://pmimodels.netfirms.com/

Could this RS13 be made into a RSC13? Is there much difference between them?

Back