Great Model Railroads Layout

rmarriner

Deprived
Hello everyone! I was curious whether or not anybody had the track plan for a layout I saw in one of the "Great Model Railroad" yearly publications from MR. I believe it was the 2000 GMR issue. I can't recall the name of the layout, I do remember it was an N scale "L" shape layout that had casters on the legs for easy moving and was based in the Pacific Northwest. It may have been a different issue, but for some reason I want to think it was 2000.

Any help would be appreciated. I used to have the issue that the mentioned layout is in, I can't seem to find it and just need to verify it is the 2000 issue before I order the backissue from MR. I am planning my own layout and recall this one really appealed to me back then and I think it would work for my space requirements now.

Thanks guys/gals!
Richard Marriner

Have you checked out the new layout databasse at the Model Railroader site. You can narrow it down by gauge. It might be in there.

THATS IT!!! :D

Have you checked out the new layout databasse at the Model Railroader site. You can narrow it down by gauge. It might be in there.

I didn't even know this existed. I was so adament about looking for the past issue that I didn't think to see if they had a database online. I guess I'll have to really contemplate subscribing to MR...

Thank you!

P.S. If I build that last one, I don't think I'll be alive to show it off, my wife would kill me! :)

Glad to help.
Just try and reconsider the last one. I think you'll find your wife won't mind sleeping out in the shed a problem, if you explain the branchline is absolutely necessary for " real operations".

Back