GP35 project Rock Island

F

f1_indy2000

Ok, I'm taking a little break from constructing my layout. Here are four GP35's I painted several years ago in the The Rock scheme. I was pleased with them, but it got to knawing at me that they need to be in the maroon and yellow paint scheme. I know the saying of its my railroad, but in this case it they need to be changed. I will be pleased in the Rock Island colors even though these engines have the dynamic brake housing. That will be ok with me, so I want to share these and as I paint them. My only drawback right is Microscale website says they are out of stock on the decals I want, same with my hobby dealer who has them ordered for me. Oh well I will get started anyway.

Ok I got the decals on Saturday and transformed GP35 TheRocks to Rock Islands. Next step will be the touchups and then the weathering.

I've weathered the heck out of these guys and still don't feel a 100% pleased. I guess thats where the saying of we are our own worst critic. It appears that my Shakespeare statue likes what it sees. :D

Thankyou everybody. This has been a fun little side project from the construction job. I have been stretchin their legs on the layout testing sections and making sure everything is working. Thanks again :cool:

I'm really pleased with them and since I painted the walls blue and did the clouds have really added a lot to the background. Next up is scenery.

Back