GoPro Hero 4 Session

bob

Administrator
Staff member
You've probably heard of the GoPro camera, a small video camera that typically is used by surfboarders, bikers and skateboarders to film their extreme sports along with a huge number of other uses.

They've just come out with a new version and you might like it. What's that you say? You don't skydive or bungee jump? You still might be interested. This one's claim to fame is that it's small. Basically a cube the size of the lens.

I haven't seen one in person yet, but the first thing I thought was "That looks perfect for putting on a flatcar and filming layouts!"

http://shop.gopro.com/hero4/hero4-session/CHDHS-101.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a promo video that gives you an idea of just how tiny this thing is.

[YOUTUBE]pzMRr5eTtho[/YOUTUBE]

Wonder how long it will take for the Chinese to clone the new model? I recently bought a GoPro clone for $62, has an LCD back and came with many GoPro attachments such as the waterproof enclosure. I've seen them listed for cheaper prices, and there is also one with WiFi; just check eBay. Like anything successful, cheaper models will come out eventually. I never had any interest in paying $400-500 for a GoPro, so my clone will do just fine. Got to make a mount for an HO scale flatcar so I can try it out on our club layout!

I'm sure it won't be long. I have a GoPro clone from Sharper Image. As a photographer, I can see significant differences between the two. The GoPro's images are sharper, better color etc. But for casual use, the cheap one works fine.

. But for casual use, the cheap one works fine.

Prices for the Session have been mentioned at $399.00, so it certainly isn't the cheap one!

I think all GoPros are way overpriced, as shown by the fact that clones are available for a fraction of their cost. There isn't really much to them, especially when compared to a $400.00 full sized digital camera lens, zoom mechanism, body, etc.

Back