Google Goof... Heh, heh...

Yeah, there's some stitching going on there. Enough where the shadow of the missing 1/2 hopper isn't even there!

G'day...I tried rotating the image around but nup.....Weird...Blame the aliens from outer space.. OR..........Maybe when the conductor cut the cars ...maybe he literally "cut the cars ".......Cheers Rod

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking up my house on Google not too long ago. We built the house four years ago. As a result, the imagery obviously isn't accurate. Last year, my house finally showed up. However, if you were to zoom to the closest setting, it disappeared! I just looked and the glitch has been fixed.

It's not a glitch. Google maps uses many layers of images for both dates and zoom levels, with mass amounts of images stitched together to form the layer you are looking at. They were finally able to update that zoom level to the most recent image of your specific area. They do the whole world, it's going to take some time for them to "catch up". If only the tax auditors could update their online mapping as fast as Google...

Back