Good hobby shops near Fenway Park?

Littlefoot14

I might be going to Fenway tommorow, and im wondering if theres any hobby shops around Fenway that are within about 10 minutes, easy to find from Fenway (with GPS) and are worth going to. Im looking for something with a decent used inventory and carriers a variety of rolling stock.

Thanks!

I don't know of any hobby shops around Fenway, but if it's not too far out of the way, go to Charles Ro in Malden. They have a good selection there, but i'm not sure if they have used items.

If your GPS has a time machine option set it back to 1975 and you can go to Hobbytown of Boston on Bromfield St ( IFRC ) or Eric Fuchs on Tremont St at the north end of Boston Common. ;) Hobbytown is long gone and I think Eric Fuchs is too.

As ST214 said Charles Ro Supply in Malden is about the closest. They're on Pleasant St and should be an easy drive up I-93 about 5 or 6 miles from the Fenway area. Main thing they handle is Lionel but do stock other trains scales.

Last edited by a moderator:
Charles Ro Supply is owned by... Charles Ro who also owns the G-scale manufacturer USA Trains.

They generally cater to the O and G scale crowd, but they do carry HO, S, and N scales. (quite a bit actually)

They sell everything at a steep discount (25% or more off MSRP) because they order in bulk.

They're on Cross st in Malden. (beware, if you're heading up there from Boston, make sure that you're in Malden before you turn onto Cross st as theres a Cross st in Everett along the way!)

Hobby Bunker in Malden does the scale toy soldiers and tanks, etc. Great place to get HO scale Roco minitanks, although they do not sell trains.

Minutemen Hobbies in Braintree has a small selection of trains, but still good nonetheless.

South Shore Hobby in East Weymouth, MA is open once in a blue moon, but they do have dusty old boxes of stuff on their shelves if you're looking for anything that is out of production.

There really aren't any other hobby stores in the Boston area.

(Hobbytown in Quincy is out of business)

Last edited by a moderator:

Back