Good days in the lives of model railroaders

Rigby

Its a good day when your step-son and your wife are on the floor puzzling out the timesaver you built with the Brio trains. :D

LOL! For me, it's a good day when I get to sneak off ot the basement and my wife doesn't catch me first with 10 "important" things that need to be done first. :)

A good day for me is having the day off work, plenty of cold beer, cool enough that it isn't 100 degrees in the attic, and something good on NPR. Bonus points if me or the cats don't manage to break something. An even better day will be when my daughter is old enough to run the trains.

A is if i wake up alive and can go to my layout room after work for awhile without being disturbed I just became a great grandpa about midnight last night eight baby girl

I have gone a long time with my layout partially completed. It is mostly in details, more trees, etc. that it needs work. In the interim, I find a good day is when I can manage to generate a decent image, sort of a hobby within the hobby for me. Now that I have begun to develop, I can see the deficiencies in the layout more, so I need to get busy and do some sprucing up this winter. But, for me, a good day is when I can produce a nice tree, or use them later in a scene and call it a good one.

A good day for me is when I actually get everything I need at the hobby store. I guess I get distracted easily :D but I almost always forget that one little screw or lightbulb or something stupid but importants enough where if I want to finish a model that day I get to drive 30 minutes to it and 30 minutes back.

Excellent Thread!!

A good day for me is when the micro-part that just flew across the room is found before the vacuum makes an appearance.......

Johnny

Great Thread!!

A good day for me is when all my buddies come back for the winter from New York & all points north to run the layout in style & to help me find all my mistakes that I've done all summer.

Larry

A good day for me will be when my wife signs the seperation agreement and quits insisting on selling the trains.

Last edited by a moderator:
A good hobby day for me is to attack a problem on the layout that I have been dreading for ever and when done....it works, yea...it works! (In a near silient voice: Darn I'm good! Yeah, dats right, I'm good!:rolleyes::

Back