Golden White LEDs

I need a small golden white led to stick in my HOn3 C&S mogul. I have a MV lense without the metal backing on it, but the smallest from Miniatronics is still to long. I need one with the leads out the back of the body and not the sides. Since this is a brass model and a super small engine as well, insulating the leads is important. if someone make one like the T1 3mm LED but half the size, that would be perfect. I normaly solder one lead to the back of the headlight casting, then insulate the other one and run it back to the motor and a 470 ohm resistor to drop track power down to a proper voltage. Anybody have a source for 3 or 4 golden whites with the power leads going out the back of the package and small enough to fit a HO scale brass headlight casting and fit behind the MV lense? Cheers Mike

Well you have 2 choices either use a turned down 3mm led or use a surface mount led and drill a small hole in the MV lens and insert it. I have golden white LEDs in this size.

SMDLED.png

If your interested then PM me or EMail me at mgwsy@aol.com and I can help you out.

Back