Going through a total loss of interest!

When you're away from the layout for a time you get lazy, it's not the interest you lose it's the laziness that has replaced it temporarily. The only cure for that is start a new project. Anyway that's the way I see it. :)
Cheers
Willis

Great point! For me it is a combination of a couple of things, laziness, yes, but also an overwhelming sense of things to do when I finally get time to head down to the train room. As a solution, I have stated to make lists of small projects that I can complete in a few "sessions" in the train room. I find that if I can focus down on a small area of scenery or weathering a couple of cars, or building a structure, I can eliminate the sense of the walls closing in on me and actually replace it with a feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction!
Scott

Going thru a loss of interest in normal if you have other things to do - or - hobbies to pursue. In my case, the old club disintegrated when the leader dropped the web site, and the weather turned nasty. No fun chasing trains by your self when it is miserable out there and nobody to share the experience with.

My pike sits just to the left of me down here and with the biz down here as well, I pass it almost a dozen times a day. Just got tired of building, and spending tons of cash -- and decided to go back for awhile to my original hobby - radio - which my avatar shows.

I will return to the hobby and start working on it one of these days but in the mean time I am moving on with my life and hobbies and back to an old favorite and will stay on the forum and in the model railroad scene, but not participating fully in it.

It happens to everyone. So don't feel like the lone Indian out there! It will come back, trust me on that!

The Aerojet

I

Well Areojet first off I'll welcome you to the forum. I will certainly agree with what you say and add a bit of my experience to yours. As our MR club disintegrated for lack of membership, and I became a loner losing interest in model building as my wife's health deteriorated and limited my free time if any. I got into Radio when my daughter and hubby obtained a transciever and gave it to me. Obtaining my certificate opened a whole new chapter in what's left of my life I now have friends close by and far away. Anyway the urge to build models really never leaves. At my age I don't want to leave a model RR for someone to have to tear down, but hey Dioramas are something else worth looking into and I believe that will be my next step. look me up on QRZ.com VA1WAB 73

Mark:

Looking at George's work is an inspiration....
F&SM Photo 1.jpeg

Works for me...

Greg

CBCSN - yup, KC9KGP .... Hi Greg! I am not sure what happened to the Dupy gang after Ron left. I guess they are still up there,but everytime I go by there is no body home. Too bad, that was fun for many years.

Back