Gluing Die Cast Parts

austinrick

Hi. What type(s) of glue seem to work best for gluing die cast metal pieces (and metal to wood) together? Something paintable, of course, that does not need to be mixed. I haven't tried anything yet, so can't comment on the obvious CA or plastic model glue. Advice appreciated!

I use CA for almost everything.

For some hidden joints I will use JB weld epoxy, works especially well reinforcing where it won't be seen, like inside corners of Woodland Scenics metal building kits.

I use CA for almost everything.

For some hidden joints I will use JB weld epoxy, works especially well reinforcing where it won't be seen, like inside corners of Woodland Scenics metal building kits.

JB Weld and Devcon's metal epoxy will do the job, although they do need to be mixed with the catalyst. I have kitbashed locomotives with die cast frames and boilers that I did with the Devcon stuff over 40 years ago, and they are still solid! CA will work on various materials, depending on the particular job, and how the joint is put together.

I have posed almost the same question on various boards and the general consensus is that the longevity of the epoxy glues is much longer than that of CA glues.

An epoxy was my first thought, but hoped there was something as good that didn't need mixing every few minutes as pieces went together.

Thanks to all for the replies.

Back