Glueeee

JoeyG37

I'm building some Walthers kits right now, and ever since I started I've used Testors rubber cement(the blue container) to glue together the buildings! I've noticed however, that this stuff doesn't work so well with Walthers buildings. Is there a stronger adhesive out there I can pick up? It always drives me insane when things don't bond and I have to do it all over again. :(

JoeyG37 said:
I'm building some Walthers kits right now, and ever since I started I've used Testors rubber cement(the blue container) to glue together the buildings! I've noticed however, that this stuff doesn't work so well with Walthers buildings. Is there a stronger adhesive out there I can pick up? It always drives me insane when things don't bond and I have to do it all over again. :(

Rubber cement? Hmm, maybe you should try this:

3507C.GIF

It's Testors plastic cement.

JoeyG37 said:
Haha, actually...I meant to say plastic cement, not rubber cement. :p

I wasn't sure, but I have heard of modelers using rubber cement and contact cement to pre-place items.

I use the glue above and have excellent results, you can also, if careful use CA glue like Zap-A-Gap CA+ though I prefer the Testor's liquid cement, and the CA for wood kits.

I love testors, cept I use the red tube, the blue tube is sort of weak. Also of note, testors make an AMAZING wood glue, in the GREEN tube, test it out if you have any wood models to build.

Also, as David said, CA. Here in the shops I use in San Diego we have like 5 different CA's, from super thin to gap filling.
http://www.bsiadhesives.com

Well I decided to try the Testors plastic cement, but instead I went with the Model Master one(which I'm guessing is the same thing since it's also from Testors). This stuff is INSANE. I have never been able to glue things so easily. Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate it.

Now I just need some sand paper to get rid of that glue. Use sparingly? What does that mean? :D

Back