Glue for MV/Ditch Light Lenses

LW93Rcode

What glue are you guys using for MV lenses, ditch light lenses, and such? Was thinking of using Elmers type white glue since it dries clear but was wondering if it would adhere good enough using such a small amount.

-Larry

I always used a couple of tiny drops of super glue applied with a pin around the edge of the headlight casting opening.

Microscale sells a product called Micro Krystal Klear that works beautifully. You can add food coloring to it to create colored lenses. Both the headlight lens and windows on this N-scale Erie Built are made from it. White Elmers dries mostly clear, but it does have a little bit of a milky translucent quality. This stuff is literally crystal clear. It's also super easy to clean off any excess if you happen to miss or mess up.

Erie Built 06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to agree with Mike. I use MV lenses on all my locos, and I use the Krystal Klear as well. Need to remove them and all you do is wet them with plain ole' water. After several minutes, the lenses will release from their attachment points.

Back