Giveaway!?

I was wanting to have a giveaway of one of my circuits, I was think maybe one of my welder, traffic light controller or grade crossing flasher circuits. The only thing is how to have the contest, have people subscribe to my youtube channel etc. Please give me some ideas on what you all think.

Sounds alright. Let me try to find a suitable set of RR crossing flashers. This would be the first crossing I would like to install one.

thumbnail_20190405_100328.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely. I would also like a second set at this crossing, just a short distance from the first. Any ideas? What do you use for detection units?

thumbnail_20190405_093513.jpg

My main detection are current sensing. I have used photo cell and IR as well. I only have current sensing ones right now, but if you would rather have non current ones I can put some of the other ones together. I stay away from the light sensing ones myself because they can be a pain to setup depending on room lighting etc.

Last edited:
Chet: Tomar makes a great grade crossing signal albeit a bit expensive followed by NJ International.

1554562368782.png

Tomar is above and has LED's on both sides comes in a set of two for approximately $60 at regular retail.

1554562663059.png

From E Bay at approximately $64.

I have the Tomar signals installed and have set of earlier NJ that are all black and I'll use them in the freight yard expansion area.

I sure like the action of working signals...Chet maybe install operating crossing gates as well???

Greg

IMG_0140.JPG

I since added a second operating signal on the other side of the tracks. -Greg

Last edited:
Thanks Greg. I haven't had a chance to do much searching yet, but I do like these, but I would need two pair for the two crossings. A bit $$$. I will have do do some looking later today. Gonna probably have some hefty medical bills coming in.

Chet: Those signals should be perfect and the prices are good. Don't forget that you may have to use resistors if using signals with LED's.

Greg

Back