Getting my backdrop done

NYC_George

Now that my bridge & control panel projects are finished I turned to finishing my back drop. Most of it is all ready done but there's still lots to do. I start with a posted board I bought at the dollar store. There only 0.50 cent per board there. Then I buy the paint at Michaels 0.88 cent per bottle. Very cheap protect. I start by cutting the poster board in 10 inch pieces. Then place it next to an already finished section to see how I plan to continue on with the scene. I first lay down the background in brown paint. You'll see very little of the brown in the finished product but some of it is visible. Then I keep on adding different shades of green to create shadows. Then some shades of grey for distance mountains. When that's all done I glue the section in place. It's a cheap project that's adds lots to the layout.

George

backdrop_01.jpg
backdrop_02.jpg
backdrop_03.jpg
backdrop_04.jpg
backdrop_05.jpg
backdrop_06.jpg

Thanks Cambria & 2Tracks. This is not hard to create. I have very little art skills. It's just about creating some shadows with a few colors. That's it. It's also a very cheap project. I hope a few of you give it a try and display the results. Your right about one thing. Keep it simple.
George

Back