Getting back to the Hobby

caldweda

Hello to All,

My name is Dennis and I have been lurking this forum for a bit. I live in Victoria, Texas in the middle of a triangle bordered by San Antonio, Houston, and Corpus Christi. My son, wife and myself modeled HO quage in the early 90's. Never built a layout but started reading a lot. As I said in another forum, together we built Linn Westcott's Grand River Western RR. The trains ran great but life intervened just as we were beginning scenery. Our son is now grown with a family of his own and our former layout is now occupied by a recently completed living area. My wife gave me rights to a smaller area which I am now reorganizing to hopefully enjoy many hours of model railroading. I have a lot to learn. After seeing the level of skill, experience, artistry and patience with newbies I hope I have found a home for information and friendly exchange.

Thanks for having me

Dennis Caldwell

Dennis, welcome aboard. Sounds like you're more than a newbie to me, but lots of things ahve changed since you and your wife built your last layout. It's nice your wife shares your interests. That's pretty rare. Don't be afraid to ask any question that come to mind, but do it in the appropriate subforum, so your question doesn't get lost. We are a pretty friendly group. They haven't thown me out yet, and that's saying a lot. :)

Back