Genesis SD45-2

dougcnup

I was wondering if anyone else has one of these engines with sound. I can get it to work on my friends DC layout, sounded great too, but on DCC I can't get it to do anything, Anyone else have this problem? AM I doing something wrong it is suppose to have a dual mode decoder

Thank you
Doug

I do.

You could do the reset, or you could try to call it using the long address or short address and see what happens. You might want to try the last two numbers of the road number as the short address; some manufacturers use that instead of the standard 03.

Kennedy

My "gold series" Atlas CW40-8 came pre-programmed with its 4-digit CSX road number (7845), I just took it out of the box, dialed in that loco address and it worked.

My real headache came later when I misunderstood the meaning of the phrase "factory defaults" - I tried doing the reset, but I didn't realize the 4-digit address that Atlas coded-in was not considered a factory default. Resetting changed the address back to 03. I had to manually go in and reset the various CVs to allow 4-digit addressing, then dial in both pairs of digits.

Hopefully Athearn provided a manual with the general CV settings for an MRC decoder (that is what they use isn't it?), plus a separate sheet with the CV values for the specific road numbers they set their locos to...

Last edited by a moderator:

Back