GAP Scenery

Larry

Long Winded Old Fart
Finally started planting some tree's & shrubery around my big buildings, car lot, BK & other places.

Last edited by a moderator:
:D No, Larry. It looks like a slab of fresh salmon to me! Mmmmmm. Baked with a sauce made from maple syrup, soy sauce and a smidge of ground ginger.

Geez, I read Claudia's post and I have to go to the kitchen for a snack.

Larry, do you visualize a building in everything you see? Creative genius I'm thinking, they say the camera never lies and I like what I see. I'll reserve judgement on the matter within the fence till you and Claudia sort it out :D

13.gif
Willis

Yes Willis, I have always found a use for just about everything that I see in a junk pile, either for my metal sculptures or my train layout. Years ago when I owned a welding shop in Miami Florida & here in Arcadia, I was always doing some metal art when I wasn't busy doing welding for customers. at 1 time my whole front yard was full of metal sculptures from junk that I had left over when I closed my shop in 1981.
I never sold anything till about 1985 & then sold it too cheap. I didn't know the value on my art. People were always buying it & taking it up north & selling it for 10 times what they paid me for it.
Then I got wise & the rest is history. Now, my art is way up there in monetary value & when I sell a piece it goes for quite a chunk. Then I take the money & spend it on my layout. That's where all my brain art comes from. That's why I spend so much time trying out new things. What can I lose, but a few bucks. I walk around in Walmart all the time on my lunch break(1hr.) & think of things to use on the layout. Sometimes when I see something & it's not to expensive, I try to make something out of it. It doesn't always work out to what I thought it was going to be, so, I toss it in the trash.
Right now, I'm playing around w/the bases off all those fans I have. I'm trying to cut them down to make a towering restaurant that lites up. I've already cut the doorways in the base & trying to figure out something for the outside walls that will form around a curve. The only thing that comes to mind is soft aluminum sheet, which I have.
So, now you know my secrets. When are you going to try something new?

Larry

Pretty soon I'm going to run out of space for new structures. So far I've taken out 5 old buildings to make room for all these skyscrapers. My town & city is starting to get cluttered w/buildings. Today I was working on tree's, plants, roads, parking lots & signs. BTW I make all my RR signs on my PC. All the buildings that I install always have to have signs. The only things that I haven't put signs on, are, the skyscrapers. When I do, it's going to have to be stickers or decals.

Larry said:
Pretty soon I'm going to run out of space for new structures. So far I've taken out 5 old buildings to make room for all these skyscrapers. My town & city is starting to get cluttered w/buildings. Today I was working on tree's, plants, roads, parking lots & signs. BTW I make all my RR signs on my PC. All the buildings that I install always have to have signs. The only things that I haven't put signs on, are, the skyscrapers. When I do, it's going to have to be stickers or decals.
Let me get this strait. So you make your own decals, but decal paper, print it and off you go!

I'm considering doing that as well, as I've got two undec's to dress up.

I print everything except decals. The only place I have found decal paper is on the internet. The shipping is the same price as the paper. So, for 10 sheets it's about $14.00 & the shipping is $14.00. Then I have to go to Walmart & get the fixative spray to spray over the decal so it won't run.
But, yes I do print all of my own signs & sticker signs for the layout. I use Print Shop.
You can do almost anything you want w/ that software. I've been using it for about 5 years. I make all my RR business cards & my RR passes w/it.
I take a lot of stuff off the internet(pictures) & make my own billboards too. You can even put your own mug on a sign for a political billboard. It's almost impossible to find anything that you "can't do". I made & designed my own Avatar. I have a lot of decals that someone else made for me for a real cheap price. I got about 5 pages of decals for about $25.00 about 3 years ago. A person "Leghome" that is on the forum can give you the persons name.

Larry

Larry said:
That photo of the rocks inside a fence looks like a pile of poop. LOL
When I glanced at the thumbnail I thought it was one of those microwavable "Hot Pockets" :rolleyes: Maybe we should start a poll. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness though the buildings are great! I would've never considered the fans, but I'm glad you did! Thanks for sharing!

Back