Fun Fare 5/4

PNKFLOYD

Mikey
1949 Humor:
Pullman passenger: "Porter, what about these shoes?" One's black and one's tan!"
Porter: "Well, if it don't beat all! Dis is de second time dat's happened dis mawnin'!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I wonder if sleepers still have that little box where you could leave your shoes to be shined overnight? Hmmm. I'll have to check that out when we take the Starlate to Oregon in a couple of weeks. :D

Lady_Railfan said:
Hey, I wonder if sleepers still have that little box where you could leave your shoes to be shined overnight? Hmmm. I'll have to check that out when we take the Starlate to Oregon in a couple of weeks. :D
Claudia- I would be interested to know also.
Some trains would also provide a morning paper to some first class passenger on the Pullmans. It was also placed in the little box.

PNKFLOYD said:
1949 Humor:
Pullman passenger: "Porter, what about these shoes?" One's black and one's tan!"
Porter: "Well, if it don't beat all! Dis is de second time dat's happened dis mawnin'!"

:D :D :D

Jeff, we'll join the GorgeRail festivities, and visit relatives in Chehalis, WA. before we head back home. I just KNOW the trip will be too short, but stay tuned for a full report.

Back