Fun Fare 5/31 .... Farewell

PNKFLOYD

Mikey
As told by actress Ann Sothern (and Lady Railfan) in Wolf Calls:

Wolves are like railroad trains-- you like to hear the whistle even if you don't want to go any place!

This is the last of the railroad themed stories from the 1949 copy of Fun Fare: A Treasury of Reader's Digest Wit and Humor.

Thanks for allowing me to share these stories with you. I have been given insights into the everyday acceptance of railroads in life by the railroad settings and themes. And many of the scenes would be vastly different today, while the humor is timeless.
Hope you did not find these stories were a waste of your time. :cool:
Mikey

Mikey, I enjoyed every one of them! Thanks so much for sharing them with us.

As for Ann Sothern, she was a gem! Ahh, those were the days!

Mikey, I enjoy them as well. They offer another dimension to this fascinating world in which we live. As for Ann Southern, Me thinks the young ones here(no offense) would be VERY surprised by how many Hollywood legends were fans, or modelers-or BOTH!!!:cool:

Thanks for sharing!!

Johnny

Mikey even though you have finished the RR themed stories here in the ANPL (Anti Nit Pickers League)Club Car you can post anything within reason here.
So if you have anymore Readers Digest Shirt stories you want to share they will be read with great pleasure by me. I love all those little tales or funnies The RD publishes each month.

Last edited:
Thanks!

Thanks everyone!
Since several people enjoyed the stories, I'll look through the book again for stories that reflect life in those days, now our history.
If others run across interesting railroad themed stories, I would like to see them, also.

Back