FS: KATO German ICE4 complete 12 car set (10-1512 and 10-1513 sets), N-scale, NIB

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

chadbag

Description:

New, un-opened:
* KATO 10-1512 basic 7 car ICE 4 set (motorized)
* KATO 10-1513 add-on 5 car ICE 4 set (motorized)

This is the German DB ICE 4 high speed train set from KATO. This is in the Green KATO box -- the Japan edition. (Not the white box Lemke/KATO edition).
I ended up with 2 complete sets (mis-managed my pre-orders) so am selling the un-opened set. Sold as a set, together. The difference between the Japan edition and the Euro edition is that the Japan edition comes in a green KATO bookshelf case (actually 2 since this is 2 KATO sets combined into one trains) with Japanese instruction manual. The Euro edition comes in a white KATO bookshelf case (2 of them) with German and English instructions. Same train, just different colored cases.

This is a DC KATO set that supports DCC through the standard KATO EM13 / FL12 / FR11. Includes 2 motor cars (one in each set) so you would use 2x EM13. Zimo also makes an EM13 compatible decoder specifically made for this set. I am not aware of anyone in the US carrying it but there may be some. They (Zimo) are available from the various German and probably other Euro online train / model shops. KATOusa.com also has a Zimo installation service with Zimo decoders with sound. Decoders not included. Runs as DC out of the box.

Liven up your N-scale layout with some foreign visitors with the DB ICE 4 high speed train that runs passenger service in Germany. The real prototype ICE 4 started running a few years ago and they are continuing to roll out new sets.

Price:
$400 USD for both 10-1512 and 10-1513

Payment:
Money order or cashiers check, cash (local only), or PayPal. Any fees by buyer. For outside the US I can also take wire transfers or TransferWise. Again, fees by the buyer.

Shipping: Shipping from USA. $25 USD for my choice of US Mail or Fedex Ground/Home Delivery including insurance to USA addresses. If you want it shipped another way (must include insurance) then actual cost of shipping. Shipping outside the US at buyer's risk -- I can quote various shipping options and prices for non-US destinations.

Photos:
The photos of the unopened boxes (with the clear strap) are the ones for sale. (I got them from Ami Ami with the clear strap around them). The opened ones showing the actual trains are my own set (identical to, but not the ones for sale). If you are a serious buyer, I can open the "sealed" ons and photograph them for you.

IMG_1119 (1) edited.jpgIMG_1120 (1) edited.jpgIMG_1107 (2).jpgIMG_3799-edited.jpg

Last edited:

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.