FS: (DCC) Digikeijs Loconet Feedback complete starter set with 32 reporting points DR4088LN-CS_BOX

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

chadbag

I have QTY 1 of the Digikeijs DR4088LN-CS_BOX start set for Loconet based occupancy feedback reporting. I bought a Digikeijs DR4088LN-CS_BOX complete feedback starter set with 32 reporting points, but then decided I wanted RailCom compatibility, so it is still new in box. I opened the box for photography use only and have never installed it. (I did buy the Digikeijs RailCom compatible occupancy detection/reporting modules and they work great).

It comes with a DR4088LN-CS, a DR4088CS, 1 loconet cable, and one stp cable (to hook the two modules together).

This works with any LocoNet compatible DCC command center. It is not necessary to have the Digikeijs DR5000 command center. Will work with H0, N, Z etc.

This is an inexpensive way to get into occupancy detection feedback over LocoNet with any LocoNet based system, with support for a full 32 zones.

Here is the manufacturer's dope on it:

-------

This feedback startkit with 32 integrated occupancy indicators is designed for monitoring 32 sections of track and is rated up to 3 Amps. The modules comprises fout sections of 8 indication points, where each section has its own separte common. The network connections allow the modules to be placed up to 10 metres from each other.

The LocoNet connections make it particularly easy to connect the module to eg. your Loconet(r) system. 16 channels Power detection LocoNet connection Activity indicator LED Rated up to 3 Amps (peak) Standard S88 and STP connections (S88-N) Small solid housing by applying SMD techniques

32 Inputs
Current detection (2-rail)
32 LocoNet connections
Activity led
Current load up to 3 Amps
Peak current up to 10 Amps (briefly)
Standard S88 and STP terminals (S88 N)
Small solid enclosure by using SMD technology

-------

Price: US$ 90 (These typically go for about $120 in the US)

Shipping: Free shipping inside the US. Partial shipping charged for shipment outside the US based on actual charges. These are located in the US. Will ship internationally to known forum members. Shipping internationally is at your own risk.

Condition: This is new, unused, in original factory packaging. Opened only for photography and inspection.

Payment: Paypal F&F, money order, cashier's check, cash (other forms can be negotiated).. Not needing any trades.

Attachments

Last edited:

chadbag

I am not sure what a "LocoNet compatible decoder" is. Are you talking about digitrax style transponding? This does not include transponding -- more like the Digitrax BDL168 and not the BXPxx

These basically detect a train in the block using the standard current draw method (listed in the manufacturer info as "current detection (2-rail)".

(I use a related version of this that also supports RailCom and I don't have any "LocoNet compatible decoders". Sorry if I am missing something obvious.)

Iron Horseman

I am not sure what a "LocoNet compatible decoder" is. Are you talking about digitrax style transponding? This does not include transponding -- more like the Digitrax BDL168 and not the BXPxx

These basically detect a train in the block using the standard current draw method (listed in the manufacturer info as "current detection (2-rail)".

(I use a related version of this that also supports RailCom and I don't have any "LocoNet compatible decoders". Sorry if I am missing something obvious.)
Hmmm, so if it doesn't support transponding... why is it dependent on ANY feedback protocol? Seems overkill for such a simple function as detection.

chadbag

Hmmm, so if it doesn't support transponding... why is it dependent on ANY feedback protocol? Seems overkill for such a simple function as detection.
It uses Loconet to report the detected trains to the command center so that you don't have to roll your own. Since Loconet is a widespread "network" for DCC that works across vendors, this makes the occupancy detection usable by a lot of different brand systems easily.

Similar to (but much less expensive than) the Digitrax BDL168

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.