Frustrated 3 Railer

So this Christmas my dad and step mom gave me my first Lionel O Gauge train set, for most of my life Ive collected HO scale trains but most of my family runs the O scale, now i saw this as a chance to get really going, A few weeks later i have a 12 by 8 platform all made up ready for track so off to the local hobby shop i went, Well being new i saw prices of track and picked the cheapest i could by classic 3 rail in 0-27 curve, at the time i had no clue of the difference, well here i am about 2 months later looking at what i have and getting more and more depressed at what i have done, the money i feel i have wasted "not a lot but enough" Now i guess i should add in that after my first trip to the hobby shop i was really ready to go full force at it, 2 days later i get Laid off from my job, so now im stuck, i can afford to go buying all new track, all i can get is little bits here and there when my step mom is willing to pay "as Ive been reduced to helping around the house again for cash" I guess i brought this upon myself, I saw the price of O Gauge, I knew it was going to be pricey, but at the time i had a job, so without ranting on to long and making a loop i guess i just feel bad that i cant progress on my layout, one of only a very few things that im really good at in my life.

Thanks for listening to my rant.
MidnightChief

Dont be frustrated it will all come in time, you will get another job before long and have money to get that layout going.

How I cope.

Hope things turn around for you soon, midnightchief. Sounds like the plight of many 'Fallen Flag' prototype railroads when they were falling on hard times. I have nothing in the budget right now for improvements or expansion either, due to job instability, so I've been pretending that the 'Board of Directors' on my model RR is struggling to stretch its operating budget. Kind of lame but it helps me work thru it.

Back